We are the Black Student Association (BSA) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa! The BSA serves Black students and focuses on topics important to Blacks/African Americans.
The University of Hawaiʻi Black Student’s Association strives to achieve the following goals and purposes:
- Enhance and facilitate the academic success of all students of color
- Increase awareness and understanding of African American issues, history and culture.
- Promote unity among African American students
- Protect the intersectional civil rights of African American Students
- Assist members in achieving their academic and career goals
- Engage and connect with topics surrounding blackness in Hawaiʻi
- Promote and protect black studies at the University of Hawaiʻi
- Ensure the enrichment of a supportive environment for African American students
- Encourage the involvement of African American students in campus and community activities along with community service.
- Support the enrollment and retainment of African American students